Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 5




http://music.google.com/about/tour/

I really like Portal 2 logo because it, like the other logo's I've chosen, is simple and to the point. I'm a fan of super clean titles because I feel that it allows you to throw in subtle things that make the graphic stand out, rather than having something that is in you face. The text by itself is nothing really that special, but it's the blue little man on the right that does it for me. I think because the title is so simple, the blue man, even though that itself is quite plain, becomes very interesting and eye catching. For people that know the series, the graphic makes sense, and it also picks up a little bit on the quirky nature of the game.

For this week's website, I chose the google music website. I'm actually not quite sure what the site is about (which I suppose is a flaw), but I feel the graphic design and experience makes up for it. The colours are simple and true to the google logo. When you hover over the coloured lines on the site, they play sounds which, as simple as it sounds, is quite entertaining. When you click them, you are treated with a very cool animation and a video explaining more about what google music is. I will say that even though I don't know what the site is about, I did find that the instructions were quite simple and clear (I just didn't really pay attention). While there isn't really anything innovative here, everything was executed very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment