Friday, October 16, 2009

Ideas for My Animation Assignment

For my assignment, I would like to make an animation which parodies "The Price is Right" using celebrities and such. It would essentially be a very quirky and nonsensical piece, akin to my sense of humour. There wasn't any significant thing that inspired me to do this. It just came into mind. I would be importing many images onto flash to create a very "zany" effect to my animation. I plan on using magazine cut-outs of celebrity heads on top of figures drawn in flash. I think this alone would create the effect I want.

My style of animation would be similar to either South Park or Angela Anaconda. They both use cut-out animation. Angela Anaconda would be the most similar to the animations style I plan on using, whereas South Park would follow the same script and content that I plan on using.

I realize that this will be a very tedious task, having to animate the characters mouths and cropping out the heads. Also, just finding the heads I want will be a difficult task. I will also probably most of the techniques learned during the Flash turorials, most notably tweening and creating motion graphics.

If I am unable to find these cut-outs, I can simply opt to just draw the heads as caricatures of the celebrities or just create my own characters all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment