Thursday, October 8, 2009

Photoshop...Frightening Possibilities?

Photoshop...what can't you do with it? Today in class, we were taught how to edit a photo so that it looked like it was taken with movement. While I initially thought this was amazing, I started to dig a little deeper. I began thinking, "hey, if you can do this to a picture that easily...where do the possibilities end?" In other words, is every picture I'm seeing legitimate?

This is, maybe not so much frightening, but it adds a whole new perspective to the way we see things. How can we trust everything we see? And even if it was photoshopped, how could we tell that the image was altered? With all of the advanced capabilities of this program, one could theoretically seemlessly paste a picture of themselves sitting on the top of the CN tower. I don't really have too much to say...I just wanted to raise that point so that you'll think twice about everything you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment