Monday, November 16, 2009

Animation Idea

So as the weeks went by, I actually decided to completely overhaul my idea for my animation. I scrapped the whole parody thing and instead went for a original concept. It's still going to be a comedic animation, except the whole concept is different. I plan on making a short with no solid plot or main idea. It's just going to be a random, loosely organized sketch. The reason behind this is because I plan on the script being improvised. I'm going make the voice-overs first, and then I'm going to base the animation on the audio.

My project is really just going to be an experimentation. I'm going to tinker with lip-syncing (which will be a painstaking but satisfying task) and facial expressions. My main goal, however, is to figure out what works and doesn't work in terms of comedy in animations. Obviously, because it's a cartoon I can get away with a lot of things. However, my sense of humour tends to be subtle and disjointed so I'll be looking forward to seeing how that plays out in the cartoon.

Overall, I think I'll be content with how things turn out even if it is an utter failure. After all, I'm really just experimenting with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment