Sunday, November 29, 2009

Future in Digital Media?

Last lecture, we had an introduction to the intermediate Digital Media class, and I mus say, I'm fairly interested. While I am a writer at heart, I feel that I won't exactly be racking in the cash with just this skill. As a result, I think that having an outlet for my writing would be advantageous so I have a secondary skill as well as a backup to do my own independent work. Digital Media seems like a good course for this, as I'd be able tell my stories through a visual medium rather than through just words on a page. Two things that I'm looking forward to (assuming I get in the class) is using after effects as well the MTV station ID project. The style of the MTV station IDs are in my "style", and so I feel like I would have a ton of fun making it. With after effects, I think I will finally be able to create some of the stories that have been sitting around in my brain doing nothing. Learning how to use stop motion would also be fun; in fact, I'm notorious for keeping everything that I get and so I have a large box of childhood toys in my room. I think I can finally put them to some good use...

Overall, I'm just really excited to get started in my second year. I'm very eager to finally produce things of my own. While this year did allow us to produce a lot of things, I felt very restricted by what we could do in terms of copyright infringement.

No comments:

Post a Comment