Sunday, November 29, 2009

Digital Media Course Reactions

Overall, I feel very satisfied with the course. What I enjoyed most about it was the fact that everything we learned was just so darn applicable. I mean, even when we moved onto learning how to use a new program, I continued to use my skills in the other programs to produce other stuff. The fact that I was able to do this and even learn more about the program kinda shows that the course was successful, in my opinion.

I felt that ample time was given to complete the projects; however, there was a point in time where everything from every other course was due during the same day/week, and that cut down the work time we had for some of the projects. It wasn't too much of an issue though.

I thought that while the tutorials were all very detailed and helpful, there were some things that could have been even more detailed. For example, I felt that there could have been a little more training in flash, explaining the most basic of basics. It took me a very long time to figure out about breaking apart and combining graphics which proved to be a very frustrating experience. Simple things like, I believe, should be touched on. Again, overall, I thought everything was taught quite well.

Although I was initially not even considering Digital Media in the future, I have completely re-vamped my thinking. Playing around with flash has become very fun for me, and I can't wait to get my hands on after-effects. I think that I may very well go further into this specialization, and more info on this can be found on my previous blog.

The greatest thing I learned from this course was just how simple it is to use all of these problems. Honestly, anybody could learn how to do it. In fact, for the most part, it's not using the program that's the most difficult; it's finding out what you want to do and how you're going to achieve it that's difficult. The programs themselves are just the tools used to let your ideas come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment